Saturday, May 7, 2011

Inspiration.

These days I've been feeling more and more caught up in life and not doing what I WANT to be doing. There are very few things that I'm doing for just myself recently. I need to get myself back into a centered frame of mind. Everyone needs to be a little selfish once in a while or they will lose themselves. All I feel like I've been doing is working, watching tv, eating & sleeping. Where is ME in that? Where is Megan? I am losing myself & I don't like it. I was reading a friends blog and I feel like she is in the same spot. Who are we? Where is that person?

I decided to take a few moments this morning and think about the things that inspire me, the things that make me smile and feel good about who I am. And I realized I'm not doing ANY of those things. I need to look at the world around me and push the pause button for a little bit. I cherish my Saturday's where I am left to myself so sit and think. I used to say I hate thinking, I hate being by myself. But the more caught up in life I get the more I love these times.

Here is a list of things I want to push myself to do more often for myself:

-Go hiking or sit outside alone
-Take more pictures
-Listen to the music I want to listen to
-meditate
-yoga
-sit in silence
-read more books
-sketch
-Inspire MYSELF
-close my eyes and smile

I hope my list inspires you to make a list of your own. Who are you and what do you LOVE? Why aren't you doing these things? Take a few minutes a day to yourself and just listen to who you are.

And if you're looking for some music to backup your inspiration check out Pandora & search Adele...this station is amazing with powerful women and soulful tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment