Saturday, June 18, 2011

First "Vlog": Accents



Don't mind my shabby appearance. It's been a long hot day! Hope you enjoy!

List of Words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

Questions:

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

So what do you think? I know some of the words I say are different depending on the context. For example for all my Aunts I say "aunt" (like in the video) but for one Aunt I pronounce it "Ant". I'm not sure why, maybe because her name is Annie & it makes the A's sound the same. lol  I also used to say New Orleans, "New Orleens" but after going to NOLA with Habitat for Humanity I began pronouncing it more like "Nor Orlans"  Although while we were down there it was "Nawlans" like the locals lol. 

I also just looked over the questions and realized I call the bug a "pill bug" 

Alright, hope you found that fun. 

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment