Sunday, December 5, 2010

Music

So as I've been refining my style I've been opening myself up to new music. Today has been a soulful mixture of Amos Lee, Adele and Florence & The Machine. They are the type of music I can just move to. Whether it's sitting in a chair with my eyes closed tapping my foot or jumping around the room. I love them. I love music. There is always a song for any occasion. Music moves me; Music moves people.

Which brings me to my point. I love meeting new people to get new music. There is so much music out there that you will never hear until you meet new people. There are so many types of music out there that you never know you'll enjoy until someone exposes you to it. What would happen if all we did was listen to the radio and watch MTV? We would all only know the same music.

What I really want is to find a bar/pub/club that plays live local music, really of any sort. But folk & soul music is what I'm looking for. A little hole in the wall where I can sip on something at a dimly lit table and just listen to the music. I don't want to fight a crowd or strain my ears to figure out if a band is even playing. I love music festivals & local music. Which is why I LOVED going to Bonnaroo and hopefully will be able to make it there again. I also want to hit up Gathering of the Vibes, Mountain Jam and eventually I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to make my way to Rothbury & Farm Aid (which benefits a cause close to my heart to help farmers & farming stay alive).

What is some music you recommend?

Today's recommendation is a reminder of summer. Check out a local band from the Mystic area Barefoot Truth. It makes me want to sit on the beach on a warm night with a bonfire and my close friends enjoying the scenery and each other.

As the late Bob Marley sung...
One good thing about music
When it hits you feel no pain
So hit me with music
Hit me with music now
Peace, Love & Polka-dots,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment